Hyperpigmentation, or dark spots, can be triggered by a number of causes – hormonal changes, blue light from your devices, medication side effects – but the main culprit is sun exposure. When we step into the sunshine, the body’s natural production of melanin speeds up to protect the skin from harmful UV rays. If the skin is damaged, the excess pigmentation cells permanently settle together as it heals, creating dark spots that leave us with an uneven skin tone.
Each year, we end the summer season with more brown spots than we started with and spend the fall and winter trying to repair them. But the best way to break the cycle is to take preventative measures beginning in the spring. By incorporating science-backed products and cosmetics with SPF from Ooh La La Spa, Anti-Aging & Wellness into your daily routine, your skin can stand up to the sun’s rays, and your dark spots will become a distant summer memory.
Spring Into Action & Prevent Dark Spots With Help From Ooh La La
At Ooh La La, we believe a more youthful appearance starts with skincare and finishes with suncare. No matter the patient, our first step in any treatment plan is to recommend products with built-in SPF to proactively prevent skin damage. And when those products are paired with at-home treatments that repair and revitalize, your skin will look smooth, soft and even-toned all year round.
To build up the ultimate sun defense lineup for your skin, we suggest the following products:
- Even Up® Corrective Kit for Pigmentation – Colorscience®’s three-step treatment includes the Clinical Pigment Perfector® to address skin discoloration and protect against future sun damage, the Sunforgettable® Total Protection Brush-on Shield that lets you apply sunscreen over your makeup, and the moisture-rich, botanical-based Hydrating Mist to soothe and revitalize your skin.
- Even Up® Multi-Correction Serum – Featuring the patented Lumira® ingredient complex, this lightweight serum infuses your skin with intense hydration and refines its texture, helping you reclaim your beautiful, radiant glow. It also erases the appearance of dark spots, age spots and other sun damage to even out your skin tone.
- Lytera® 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum – Skimedica®’s advanced pigment correcting technology is formulated to lighten and diminish stubborn skin discoloration and dark spots in as little as two weeks. Its key ingredients also help support melanin balance, prevent the appearance of new spots, and enhance skin texture.
- Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Brush-On Shield SPF 50 – Remembering to apply sunscreen throughout the day is simple with this on-the-go product. The powder sunscreen can be used alone or brushed on top of makeup for a gorgeous glow and unbeatable UV protection. In addition, it defends your skin against pollution, blue light from cell phones, computers, and iPads. It also protects against infrared radiation.
- Retinol Complex 0.5 – This nighttime serum helps repair the damage you endured during the day. Retinoids immediately go to work to reduce the appearance of fine lines, enhance the skin’s resiliency, and even out the skin’s tone and texture.
- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser – Reveal a smoother, more even complexion by scrubbing away dead skin cells with a gentle exfoliator enriched with naturally derived ingredients. Because alpha–hydroxy acids (AHA) can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun, it’s essential to use the cleanser in combination with our sunscreen products.
Join the Ooh La La Smart SCIN Membership, Save on Skin-Protecting Products, and Prevent Dark Spots Before They Start
The easiest and most affordable way to rev up your skincare routine for summer is to join the Ooh La La Smart SCIN Membership this spring. When you register, you’ll be scheduled with an Ooh La La skin consultant who will address your skincare concerns, including brown spots and discoloration, and create a custom treatment plan tailored to your goals.
All Smart SCIN Membership members receive discounts on spa services, earn free rewards, and can have any of our sun protection products delivered to your home. Plus, plans start at just $99 a month so there’s an option for anyone who wants to enjoy time in the sunshine without worrying about what it’s doing to your skin.
For all the details, visit https://kristenjacobs.com/skincare-fountain-club/ or call (618) 248-4212.